Tuesday 8 January 2013

This gives me immense satisfaction


This gives me immense satisfaction

People with vested interest and their foot soldiers attack me, abuse me and ridicule me from time to time. Their aim is to deter me from the valuable work I am doing to promote the cause of Kashmir. I acknowledge sometimes their barrage of unwarranted criticism also affects me, as I am also human being with feeling. However, many students around the globe who benefit from my research and work make my day. I received the following email from a non Kashmiri student from University of Coloumbia who is doing some research on the Kashmir conflict.

Dear Dr. Shabir Choudhry,

I have no words to thank you for extending your support to write my thesis on Kashmir conflict. I really appreciate it. Thank you so much for your kindness!

I'm reading the articles you send me and I find them very useful. Now I can understand the crisis even better.

Hope that this year you will be able to achieve your goals in life and I also wish for a peaceful solution to Kashmir very soon!

Wish you a Happy new Year!
 
-Best Regards-
Dilini Gunasekera

No comments: